Level 4—Moderate Dinginess Indicators
• Floors are swept or vacuumed clean, but are dull, dingy, and stained. There is a noticeable buildup of
dirt and/or floor finish in corners and along walls.
• There is a dull path and/or obviously matted carpet in the walking lanes. Base molding is dull and
dingy with streaks or splashes.
• All vertical and horizontal surfaces have conspicuous dust, dirt, marks, smudges, and fingerprints.
Lamp fixtures are dirty, and some lamps (up to 5 percent) are burned out.
• Trash containers and pencil sharpeners have old trash and shavings. They are stained and marked.
Trash containers smell sour.
Level 5—Unkempt Neglect Indicators
• Floors and carpets are dull, dirty, scuffed, and/or matted. There is a conspicuous buildup of old dirt
and/or floor finish in corners and along walls. Base molding is dirty, stained, and streaked. Gum,
stains, dirt, dust balls, and trash are broadcast.
• All vertical and horizontal surfaces have major accumulations of dust, dirt, smudges, and fingerprints,
all of which will be difficult to remove. Lack of attention is obvious.
• Light fixtures are dirty with dust balls and flies. Many lamps (more than 5 percent) are burned out.
• Trash containers and pencil sharpeners overflow. They are stained and marked. Trash containers smell sour.